Identity and Access Management Infrastructure

I have been thinking for some time about the possibility of developing an Identity and Access Management architecture using existing Opensource products. There where some ideas that I had with regards to component that I can use for example OpenLDAP and MySQL as Directory and Database respectively, Apache as the webserver and so on. But in order to do an end to end architecture, I thought of starting with a documented architecture which tries to accommodate as many IAM concepts as possible.
The image below is an attempt at the same and I already know that I have not covered all the concepts that I could think of. But at the same time, this would be a good exercise in understanding where the opensource is with regards to developing a complete solution.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Vendor List

2006 Prediction - Recap

Understanding IAM Technology: Web Single Sign On (Web SSO) Part I - Introduction and Use Case Definition